Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The wonders of home cooking

Max is now on pain killers to make him more comfortable and is enjoying some home cooking. After battling with him to eat different dog foods and trying to make him take his various vitamins I have given up and decided to make his last days as enjoyable as possible with some really tasty food. He is eating better than we are!
On the menu for this week is my own chicken broth with carrots, swede and peas and Tesco finest Aberdeen Angus sausages with cauliflower and broccoli with either rice or potatoes. He definitely seems to have perked up and regained some of his strength although he is still not really interested in walking further than the end of our street.
He is also quite disruptive during the night pacing up and down. I think this is mainly due to the fact that he can only really sleep on one side and gets frustrated when he can not turn over.
I've been trawling through old photos of Max with a view to getting together an album of his adventures and I came across some that I had forgotten about and this one in particular made me laugh.



This photo was taken in July 2004 when we had a long weekend in Bath. We were allowed to take Max on the sightseeing tour of the city but he was more interested in snoozing in the sun than seeing the sights. So many happy memories and so many of them make me laugh too.

2 comments:

PBGV princess said...

Please give Max a big hug from me :)

Amelia x

Princess Sarah said...

Is this the photo you were telling me about? I love his long nose looking over the side of the bus! Bless his little heart. It's so nice you have lots of photos of him.