Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good days and bad days

It seems like a lifetime ago that we used to go over to the field at lunchtimes and walk right the way around the edge two or three times. In fact it was only about 6 weeks ago. If at that time Max had only wanted to walk round the block it would have been a bad day. Today that was just what he did but it was a good day as it's the furthest he has wanted to walk in weeks.
It was nice and sunny today, not as cold as it has been, and Simon was off work so he could join us and I think the combination of all these things made Max a little bit happier.
The lump is more or less football sized now and I don't take Max out for walks without his coat on as I do not want people to see. I am worried people will think he is suffering and that I am letting it happen. I know Max better than anyone and I don't think he is suffering. I like to think I will know when he is. I hope I do.
Max is still eating like a horse and since he has been on the pain killers he has been holding his ears up like he used to so you can see how big they are.
Today is a good day, and I hope there are more....

Big ears in Stratford-upon-Avon, November 2003

No comments: