Friday, October 12, 2007

A very good day

Wow! We've just got back from the vet and I can't quite believe it. Max has improved. I thought he seemed better recently, more stable, and I saw him cocking his leg a few times which had to be a leap in the right direction. The vet was obviously stunned by his improvement since last month. She bent his back feet under into the knuckling position and he corrected them almost straight away. At last month's check he was very slow with one and I don't think he even managed to correct the other one himself.
The vet won't be able to explain the improvement because, as far as she knows Max has just been on vivitonin and L-Carnitine which, if anything, could only slow progression of the disease, but I know why and I have Jim Colla to thank. I'm sure it is down to the physiotherapy we have been doing two or three times a day as often as we can manage. The change in just a month is unbelievable. It has really given me a boost and the time consuming physio sessions are definitely paying off.
The vitamin B complex and high strength vitamin C turned up today so they will be added to Max's arsenal of pills and potions and I'll let you know how we get on. I think a nice walk is in order this weekend....

No comments: